Thursday, September 30, 2010

Organic Laundry Starch Recipe

Today my grandmother asked me to go to the store and get some non-aerosol starch for the laundry, and got to thinking: "Why should I buy another bottle when there is probably a really easy way to create this on my own?"

Lo and behold, it was one of the easiest homemade creations I have ever made and my parents have been buying it from the store for over 20 years.

I searched around and compiled a few tips and tricks to create this cornstarch "recipe," tested it out, and it works!

1 pint (2 cups) filtered water
1-3 tbsp. organic cornstarch
5-10 drops of your favorite essential oil (optional)

Mix the cornstarch into the pint of cool water, then add 5-10 drop of essential oil, shake, spray, iron.

If you are planning on not using your starch for quite some time, pop it in the fridge. Shake before every use.


Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dejar un mensaje!