Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Last Hoorah with Donut Holes.

I've been a food slob for the past week or two, and I certainly haven't been eating my vegetables. In light of this, I'm making some donut holes to make it very official that I am a terrible foodie, and then moving on.

After the donut holes, however, around lunchtime, I am going to enjoy some roasted broccoli and rice, and that will be the meal of redemption that leads me down the path of enlightenment.

Donut Holes:
2 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
2 tbsp. cornstarch+2 tbsp. water (combined)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. soymilk + 1 tsp vinegar, more or less
1/4 c. oil

Combine dry ingredients, then add cornstarch mixture, "buttermilk", and oil. Drop into hot canola oil by spoonfuls. Fry until brown, appx. 3 min.

This recipe modified from this Cooks.com recipe.
Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dejar un mensaje!