Saturday, September 18, 2010

An Adventure Through the Pages of Genius: Cooking Through Veganomicon.

I've decided to do a cook-through of my very first vegan cookbook. It's still my only actual vegan cookbook, along with two bake-books. I borrow Vegan With a Vengeance when I need it from the S.O.

I am going to try my hand at each and every recipe in Veganomicon, and through as many of the variations as I can. The hardest part will be the tofu nori rolls and the soy ice creams, I think. The rest are made with more familiar methods, I believe. But how does on advance if they never push themselves out of his comfort zone, right?

I am not sure I am going to start on page one and move forward, or skip around. I feel like starting on page one will hold me more accountable to pushing through every recipe, even those I am less inclined to do due to fear or lack of interest. Then again, lack of interest merely masks fear for me; nothing in Veganomicon is uninteresting.

I will chronicle the pages here, without spoiling the recipes entirely. Maybe my journey through this amazing book will encourage someone else to also buy it, because it is well worth it. It's got everything from the super-simple to the very advanced and addresses a wide range of cooking styles from different parts of the world.

After Veganomicon is conquered, I think I might move on to an all-Indian vegan cookbook and see what happens!

Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dejar un mensaje!