Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cauliflower Soup

Last night I was hungry and looking for something low-cal to eat for dinner because I had scarfed down a few too many of my home-made energy bars earlier that day. I stumbled across a recipe for cauliflower soup and adapted it to my own liking.

I'm not sure where I found the recipe, but I think it was on About.com.

I didn't take my own photo, but it looked the most similar to that. Yellow, not white like some others because it has no cream or cream sub.

So, here it goes.

1 tbsp Vegan margarine (Earth Balance Organic is my favorite) (-or olive oil)
1 onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 potato (Diced)
1 head cauliflower (chopped)
3 c. veg broth (I used three cups water with 2 packets of TJ's broth mix)
2 bay leaves
2-3 tsp freshly ground pepper
Salt, to taste. (I didn't need any salt due to the broth)


Chop onions, mince garlic, dice potatoes and cauliflower.
Heat oil in large pot. Add onions and cook for 1-3 minutes, then add garlic. Cook the duo until softened.
Add potato and Cauliflower and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add broth, bay leaves, pepper, and salt.
Boil for 25-35 minutes.
Remove bay leaves, blend with immersion blender or countertop blender.
Serve.


You may also want to grind the pepper in afterward, or on an individual basis. I found that it was much better with the freshly ground pepper.


No pic today, unfortunately.



Another update in my journey, however, runs threefold.
Sunday is my last day at my job, thankfully. I've decided to take a risk and begin spending my time gardening, playing music, and creating (possibly soap/other useful and items that can be sold). I began a few seeds in pots for carrots, bell peppers, and variety lettuce in an organic fashion (with organic seeds). My grandmother has moved in with us as of yesterday, and I hope to cook her back into good health as well as get her moving through some organic gardening outside.

I've also began a worm compost (I just haven't gotten the worms yet).

And for a little rambling about my other life:
I basically spent my whole day yesterday watching Law & Order or online, looking for band mates and doing traffic school for a ticket I got... so it was less that productive. I plan to make today better than that though (: I did manage to play drums for awhile yesterday, which is good. My double-bassing is getting pretty bitchin; even and fast.
My band is going into the studio on Thursday, for which I do vocals...
Wish us luck.

So, there's soup and an update about organic life in the coastal regions of the USA.
Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dejar un mensaje!