Friday, October 28, 2011

A New Chapter: One Year Later

Yes, it has almost been one year since I updated this blog. Not since I updated ANY blog, just this one. Things have changed, certainly. I moved to Germany- see, the last post said I would be busting out, and I did. Living abroad has taught me a lot about avoiding meat... and living in a host family has taught me a lot about compromise. So, in the host family, my compromise has been to be an organic vegetarian who avoids most animal products but will eat eggs to avoid forcing the family to change their whole lifestyle. So, there you have it. The next blog posts will be about my mostly-vegan life in Germany. And next year when I am at uni, it will be about my fully-vegan life in Göttingen? München? Bielefeld? Hannover? Somewhere snazzy. So, there you have it. I am thinking of embarking on a 30 day thing, like a 30 days program of Indian or Turkish or something. It depends on how my guest-mother feels about it. I haven't cooked for the family yet (IN THREE MONTHS I HAVEN'T COOKED FOR THEM?!). I need to do something more communal with them, so that might be the ticket. An exploration of new spices and flavors. Except that the dad and son are infinitely picky... so, we'll see how that goes. And the potato salad here is awesome. Especially with Tapatío from my mom and dad. :D They mailed it to me last week. German potato salad is luckily normally made with vinegar and oil. So, I will think about what kind of journey I want to embark upon and update soon.
Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dejar un mensaje!